It’s the first performance today of ‘Turn’d to Bayes’, a setting I did of a poem by John Lyly. It’s for soprano (Katja Vaahtera) guitar (Rody van Gemert) and harpsichord (Assi Karttunen) and is at the Aino Ackté-festival in Helsinki. It’s a concert on the theme of Daphne and Apollo, with music and readings. It also includes other pieces by me that Rody has recently recorded for his forthcoming CD. Many thanks to all involved, and I wish I was there!!
Turn’d to Bayes
- London Blues 6 – recording June 12, 2018
- Serenata Notturna for guitar orchestra – premiere in Finland June 12, 2018
- Sound Sketches published by EVC Music Publications June 12, 2018
- Yoro in Madrid June 12, 2018
- Figures from Watteau – first performance June 12, 2018